Monday, October 22, 2012

Pins and Bird Shit

“We’re having problems” The words fell from my mouth and remained suspended in the air in front of me; I could part the letters like curtains.
Daylight broke when the response shone through, eviscerating the deafening silence with a few short syllables.
“Then work’m out” you stated simply, and I nodded, taking and basking in this brand new information.
I certainly had problems and was used to taking care of them myself. Why should this time be any different?
As much as I’d liked to believe that everyone’s not “like that” I knew that truly everyone is to some extent. I also knew it was always up to me to just “work’m out” for everyone.
I’m sick of being the world’s largest walking pin cushion. I’m tired of being poked, prodded, and a receptacle of harmful, life-sucking things.
But in all this, I realize I have a purpose and a responsibility. I must continue; I must push forward and move ahead as a powerful force in a sea of apathy.
I am the sudden wind tunnel on an autumn day, blowing your dress up to your chest and reddening your cheeks with an angry gush. I am a wayward squirrel in the road, causing you to swerve from your destined path and live for a moment. Catch your breath. I am bird shit in your hair and sand in your eyes. I am a cardboard papercut under your finger nail and the coffee table tripping you in the night and bruising your shins. I am a force in your way, and you will make your way around me. You will climb this obstacle and push forward. You will pull your dress back down and stop your car in its tracks. You will wash your hair and flush your eyes. You will bandage the wound and ice the bruises. You will live and you will be okay.
You will work’m out.

No comments:

Post a Comment