I wrote this when I was 13. My best friend had just killed herself. I was, and am, broken from it.
~~~~~~~~~~
I passed by your locker
On the way to class today
It still is such a shocker
That you've really gone away
Half a year has passed
And now we're back in school
The feelings of hurt still last
What you did to us was not cool
I miss you more than anything
As I walk the crowded hallway
I think about and remember many things
Since you were called away
You were such a beautiful girl
Such a radiant smile
I pray on everything in this cruel world
That I may see you for a while
Sometimes I forgive you
But sometimes I will not
I don't know what to do
Understand, I can not
Now you're up in heaven
And I am here below
I have something to believe in
Why you left I do not know
I wake from a dream
My face wet with tears
It truly seemed
Like you were really here
A thousand days have gone by
And I've missed you every one
I wish I could spread my wings and fly
To you, my special one.
Goodbye dear friend
How I'll miss you!
I'll see you once again in the end
Wait for me, will you?
No comments:
Post a Comment