Friday, October 15, 2010

Anguish

I can feel it emanating
Through my "heart" and on
To my elbows and out
On and on and through-
Throughout my aura,
I walk in pain.
"I carry your heart!" I scream
But I carry it in my teeth
And fingernails, and toes-
And I carry it in my navel,
Everywhere, I carry it.
My heart is shattered-
Asunder, it is torn
Blown to pieces, I need it
Because this is how I am humbled.
Anguish, you say.
Pain, I say.
No- Life, I say.
This is how I am
And you are different
But I have always loved you,
Always carried your heart
And will always do so.
You are my only-
You carry my heart,
A piece of my heart
Imbedded in yours.
Take this splinter'd piece
Let it envelop you-
It will always be yours,
As I will always be yours.

1 comment:

  1. I really like this piece a lot my baby.
    It's different and unique...the lines are so short and sweet and at the same time they are so very complex and meaningful. There is no wasted movement....it's so very complete. I know that I will end up reading this several more times as the weeks move on and on, and I really hope to uncover some of the depth that at this very moment seems to be so very illusive....my head is in a daze from that nap and I cant seem to feel well and coherent.

    You're with me always, and I am with you...there is much of me that is still hidden and uncovered. And it may be an eternity until its all placed unto the table...I'm broken...everything is made to be broken...but all I want in this life is for you to know who I am. And although the mysteries are there and I seem so contradicting at times....I honestly know that you see me...and that you know me for who I am. For better or for worse. I don't think that the world would understand my complexities. my flaws. my lack or care....but I want you to know this about me...even though I fear that you'll grow to loathe my apathetic ways...i love you...this is enough for now...i may write more when im more coherent and pulled together.

    ReplyDelete