Monday, December 5, 2011

A Poem with a Trigger Warning

I have never felt so alive
       and so dead
simultaneously.
The fact that you still
             have this power
over me
        is sickening.
Muttering, breathing your
       heavy breath
into me
   you're next to me
  on top of me
  hitting me
and shoving me into book cases
your curling smile and curdled expressions
   sick heart, undeserved beating --
Bleating my pain at
     the hands of your insanity.
  You pause, only to snapshot
                     my own twisted face
       you quicken your pace
                 engrossed in your rage...
You needed your bleating, bleeding scapegoat
     your proverbial sacrificial lamb
        your personal whipping boy
As you hypocritically use your God
   to justify your beatings.
I'm so alone - I'm back there
                  in that disturbing place
trapped - is this what you wanted?
         Forever suffering at your maddened hands
    My heart can't take it,
            I am through.
Who now will take your shots
         since my delayed passing?
   Who will be there to stifle cries,
              catch tears in darkened corners,
 And still attempt to be perfect for you?
           All around you don't yet see through,
but I will always know your true
      festering insides
                     barely human
yet still so fragile.

No comments:

Post a Comment