Saturday, December 18, 2010

Skeletal Remains

Two dead bodies -
THUNK , THUNK
hanging from the rafters
SWAY , SWAY
heart is beating
POUND , POUND
time is fleeting
RUSH , RUSH
~
And in all the madness,
I search for you -
But you are not found.


I climb the plush-velvet covered stairs
Third floor, most ominous -
And find it there (The box, unopened)
In the wall, in the deepest recess of the wall
I pry it open, only to find tiny skulls
Tiny, tiny skulls - I brush them to the side.
To the side, there is a trapdoor
(Should I open? I'm being watched.)
I do.


Two skeletal figures entwined,
One maternal, one adolescent
Hidden here, climate-controlled
Secret banished to the recess -
I turn, horrified, to see a glinting knife
(Of course - My screams are muffled groans)
I have found their secret -
And now I must pay.

1 comment:

  1. You have the most obscure dreams miss...and the most intoxicating way in which to write them ;)
    In fact, you look cute right now...tangled in the blankets...:) I do love this though...its perplexingly spectacular!

    ReplyDelete